MARATHON DECISION ::cue villainous music:: It’s creeping up on me. I need to plan for this and soon. I still haven’t the fainest clue as to what I want to run yet.
Here’s what I do know:
– That I want to go somewhere other than Nike. Tying travel in with running is just fantastic.
– I think I’d enjoy running in a smaller marathon (lets face it…23,000 at the starting line was a bit crowded.)
– There are a couple “near a beach” marathons I think sound good because I am a sucker for the salty ocean air.
– Some others sound good to me because…well…I really have no idea.
– I am waaaay over thinking this.
How do you choose your marathons? “Eeeny meeeny miney mo?” Location? Looks? Recommendation? Pin the tail on the map?
In other news, I did not run yesterday or today. I figured I’d better not use up my four-leaf clover luck before St. Patty’s Day arrives. That and the fact that I felt more “blah” today. Hence, the lack-of-marathon-planning obsessing. 😛 I even DREAMT that I was driving over a marathon route and yeah…I have no life.
I have also decided I need more friends. To be precise, more actual people I can go on runs with. It’s HOW to find them that’s the problem. Join a new group? Get a gym membership? Stop runners I see along my routes and ask them if they’ll be my friend? 😉
OK, I think I have a problem with talking this week. This was supposed to be concise and it’s just ridiculous.